Free Negligent Referral Protetion for Real Estate Agents
Why all real estate agents should only recommend InterNACHI Inspectors
InterNACHI is so sure of its inspetors that it will indemnfy any liensed real estate agent in an amount up to $10,000 if a third party successfully sues the agent for negligent referral of an InterNACHI Inspector. This protection of offered at no cost to the agents who register.
- The agent must be licensed real estate agent or broker in the relevant jurisdiction at the time of the referral.
- The referral must be made to an inspector who is a member in good standing of InterNACHI at the time of the referral.
- The program is only available for residential inspections: it does not apply to inspections of commercial properties.
- The InterNACHI member must have a written inspection agreement with the customer at the time of the inspection.
- The Agent is not required to refer potential customers only to InterNACHI Inspectors. The Agent may provide names of more than one inspector, but the program will still apply if the potential customer selects an InterNACHI Inspector as a result of the referral and the Agent otherwise qualifies.
- The Agent must admit to having made the referral.
- The Agent must register for the program prior to making the referral. After registration, the Agent will be sent a registration verification code which shows that the Agent is registered.
- By registering fo rthe program, the Agent (on behalf of himself, his heirs, successors and assigns, and on behalf of the company that employs the Agent represents and agrees as follows”
- Agent is authorized by Agent’s employer to register for the program.
- The exclusive venue for any litigation arising against InterNACHI or its officers as a result of the agent’s participation in the program shall be in the County or District Court of Boulder County, Colorado. Agent and agent’s employer must submit to the exercise of personal jurisdiction over them by those courts. In any such action, the parties waive trial by jury. If InterNACHI prevails in any such action, the agent shall pay InterNACHI’s attorney’s fees, expert witness fees, and costs. Colorado law will govern any such action.